We're dedicated to bringing our knowledge developed in labs and classrooms out into the community. Our programming helps people explore, understand, and be responsible stewards of Minnesota's natural landscapes where we live, work, and play. Explore natural resource programming from the University of Minnesota Extension.
Common Questions and Solutions
- Can you come examine/maintain/remove my tree? The University of Minnesota does not perform tree care services. We recommend contacting a Certified Arborist if you need trees pruned or removed.
- What should I do with a wooded area on my property? Please contact your regional Minnesota Department of Natural Resources forester for help managing your woodland.
- Can you test my trees for disease? We can't, but the Plant Disease Clinic in the Department of Plant Pathology can help.
- Can you analyze my soil? We can't, but the Soil Testing Laboratory in the Department of Soil, Water, and Climate can help.
- Where do I start? The Urban Forestry Outreach and Research (UFOR) website and the UFOR YouTube channel have lots of information that many tree stewards and landowners find useful to answer their questions..