The Department of Forest Resources maintains an extensive library of newsletters, research publications, and staff papers hosted by the University Digital Conservancy.
- Digital Archives The main archives contain all departmental papers and documents held by the University Digital Conservancy.
- Staff Papers Series Staff Papers are published within the Department of Forest Resources without formal review. They are intended as an outlet for information inappropriate for formal publication or for drafts in advance of formal publication.
- Forest Scene Newsletters The Forest Scene newsletter is an informal biannual publication primarily distributed to alumni and community stakeholders.
- Minnesota Forestry Research Notes The Minnesota Forestry Notes are internal publications published from 1952 to 1968 (#1 through #184). The name was changed in 1968 to Minnesota Forestry Research Notes which were published until 1985. Publication began again in 2013 with no. 295.
- The Gopher Peavy newsletter The Gopher Peavy newsletter was published annually by the Forestry Club from 1928 until 1993.
- EPAT/MUCIA Policy Briefs, Working Papers and Manuals These policy briefs, working papers, and manuals were published by the USAID-funded Environmental and Natural Resources Policy and Training Project-- EPAT/MUCIA-Research and Training, implemented by the Midwest Universities Consortium for International Activities, Inc. The University of Minnesota was a partner in this effort. The publications are a part of USAID's effort to provide environmental policy information to decision-makers and practitioners in developing countries. The objective is to encourage the adoption of economic policies to promote sustainable use of natural resources and to enhance environmental quality.